Thank you for your interest in submitting your photographs to photos.lifeasahuman.com. We’d love to share your work and together explore our humanity. Please read over and be aware of the following submission guidelines and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Terms and Conditions – Please Read Carefully
- With each photograph, or series of photographs, you must supply a written component describing how it relates to “life as a human”. If you like, feel free to share the process of taking the image, and anything else you’d like to share about it, as long as the description explains how the images allows us to explore and understand our human experience. Share what the photograph means, or should mean to others.
- Let us know what equipment you used. If you can’t remember, just say, I can’t remember.
- Photos can be any size up to 1500KB (1.5MB). If they are any larger the system won’t take them. Photos may be adjusted to fit.
- Please name your photos before uploading them (or enter a title in the Title Field under each image entered in the form). Please don’t send DSC_1234.jpg. Rename it to what you would like the search engines to find and the hover to read. Example: kids_playing_with_kite.jpg – or – kids_playing_with_kite_by_john_smith.jpg
- By accepting the terms and conditions you confirm you are the author and copyright holder of the submitted content and have the right to distribute it for publication. You allow lifeasahuman.com the right to publish this work in perpetuity in any form we choose, on any of our web properties. At some point lifeasahuman.com may wish to use your work to illustrate an article. In any case, credit will be attributed, and links will be directed to your website or blog.
- You retain copyright to both the photo and the written component and can reproduce the photo anywhere at anytime, but the written component is to be provided to lifeasahuman.com on a 90 day exclusive.
At Lifeasahuman.com, we will accept photos that elicit Life As A Human as a theme and will categorize them based on a variety of sub-themes. All photos will be accepted or rejected based on the views of the photo editor. We reserve the right to publish when and how often we choose.
Please note that due to the nature of this site, and the people who view it, there may be certain images which we are unable to share. This is not to meant to limit our viewers perspective, but rather to provide an environment where everyone can feel welcome. We will automatically reject photos of a pornographic or illegal nature. Images containing violence, substance abuse, and other questionable material should only be submitted under your best judgement.
We reserve the right to reject photos which we feel do not meet a certain standard of quality, or are not in line with our goals at lifeasahuman.com.
Please use our Guest Contributor Photo Submission Form to submit your work.